As 2011 year is gone design community started to summarize and make predictions about web design trends. Today I`ve counted more than 10 different articles dedicated to web design trends of outgoing year. Different writers see different trends but there`s always something in common.
So let’s draw the line and clean things up. Almost all authors converge in these web design trends
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Responsive Design
- Parallax Scrolling (as a result single page websites)
- Large Photographic and High-Quality Textured Backgrounds
- Sophisticated Typography and Accurate Play with Typefaces
- Touch Screen
By far, I am thoroughly intrigued by the parallax designs you’ll see below. The level of technique and artistic creativity involved in developing these sites is overwhelmingly sophisticated. I’m excited to see how these trends develop and modernize into the upcoming year.
But, for today I`ve collected 20 website designs that are considered to be the best of the best of the 2011 year. I do not have the grounds to disagree.
1. Kinetic V5.
2. Roberd Wards. Amazing use of typography and parallax.
3. Jorge Rigabert. Vertical Parallax, Riboons, Circles and HTML5&CSS3.
4. Just Dot. Typography, Illustrations, Parallax, HTML5/CSS3.
5. SF Dok – 360 Langstrasse Zurich. Animated Background.
6. Studio 2Create. Parallax and HTML5/CSS3.
7. Claptaps. Horisontal parallax, HTML5/CSS3.
8. Balencic Creative Group. Vertical Parallax, Typography, HTML5/CSS3 and Textured Backgroud.
9. Jan Ploch. One of the first parallax websites that amazed me by its idea and simple way of realisation. Just good combination of great designer`s and developer`s skills.
10. High on Pixels. Circles, Sketching and CSS3/HTML5.
11. Forefathers Group. Vertical Parallax, Responsive Design, Typography, High-Quality Textured Background.
12. Me & Oli. Awesome idea is implemented by HTML5/CSS3.
13. Head 2 Heart. Horisontal Parallax, Typography, Textured background.
14. iDesign. Vertical Parallax, Magnificient Typography, Amazing Background, Pixel perfect web elements, Great visualisation of process steps, Sketching.
15. Phase2 Design Studio. Clean, simple website design with sophisticated typography, vertical parallax and HTML5/CSS3 elements.
16. Vlog. Awesome HTML5 experiment.
17. Vision of beauties. Grid and slider that are often used in fashion website designs.
19. Paolo Cavanna
20. The Wired Mind
Share your thoughts with me. May be I`ve forgotten about some other great website designs that you can definitely call best of the best. I`m looking forward to reading your comments.
Designs sourced from Land-of-Web